At Russell Street Dental Clinic a significant financial investment was made early 2015. The aim of this investment was to increase the provision of high quality regular dental care to people living in the Swansea area.
The building is a bit like ‘The Tardis’ in ‘Dr Who’ and although it looks relatively small from the outside it is surprisingly big inside. It was completely refurbished from the cellar to the attic , this included:
- Two new state-of-the-art dental surgeries , furnished to the highest ‘fully approved’ standards. There are now 3 operating dental surgeries in our Clinic.
- A new computer system in the surgeries and reception. The software package provides patients with very clear printed treatment plans and estimates prior to commencing any necessary treatment, and text or e mail reminders.
- Digital x-ray machine to ensure patients are exposed to minimal radiation when there is a need to take x-rays. A copy of all your images/x-rays is stored on your personal record.
- A new decontamination room compliant to the highest modern standards of hygiene and cross infection control ensuring any potential cross infection risk to patients is eliminated.
- An extra waiting room with specially designed seating provided by http://cyfle-i-dyfu.co.uk/ a local social enterprise company that make beautiful Welsh Oak and Larch furniture
- New non slip flooring throughout the building with ‘grab’ hand-rails strategically placed to help people who may have limited mobility
- New signage and fencing outside the main entrance to provide a welcoming approach to the clinic.
- Finally, a new staff room where the clinic staff can relax, chill out and revive themselves after a busy morning or afternoon providing excellent dental care to around 300+ patients every week.